Have since 2009 advised (informal or as board member), consulted with, worked at/co-founded a few tech startups (e.g Atbrox and Memkite), and for few occasions I’ve done (mostly technical/competitor) due diligence of startups for venture capitalists and potential acquirers evaluating startups.
2.1 Educational Technology
- Declara Inc – Declara provides an AI-powered collaborative network – large customers include California Department of Education, Mexico Teacher’s Union and Education Services Australia (Scootle) – Declara has raised $25M from several investors including GSV Capital (NASDAQ:GSVC), Susa Ventures, Catamount Ventures, DCVC and Founders Fund (Peter Thiel). See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declara. See President Obama (August 4, 2015) description of Declara in the video on YouTube.
- Fixxli AS – Fixxli develops and owns a customizable ed.tech learning platform called Goruu – example customer: the Norwegian Business School
- Vetu AS – Vetu creates digital learning experiences, and helps companies develop learning content for educational technology
2.2 Medical Informatics
- Vivit AS – Vivit provides services for patient record vendors to detect (using NLP) potential risk of bad combinations of medicine (e.g. potentially lethal – using 2 blood thinning medicines simultaneously) when patients are being treated both by general practictioners and specialists at hospitals.
- ShareActor.io (Board Member)- ShareActor provides a SaaS solution for providers of sharing economy services. Example customers include: WeClean, Sonans Group and Payr – To learn about Sharing Economy I recommend having a look at Financial Times article: World’s ‘gig economy’ larger than thought
- Folkeinvest (Board Member) – a Norwegian Crowd Equity funding SaaS service
- Seedrs – UK based crowd equity funding service
- Fundedbyme – Sweden based crowd equity funding service
- In general very bullish about Crowd Equity Funding, see my article: A closer look at Startup Equity Crowd Funding